Wednesday, December 6, 2006

What's Pandora?!


I find it hard to believe that almost every person I've asked has not heard of Pandora.com. I guess I kind of feel like its a secret I've kept for quite sometime, but I feel sort of guilty for not spreading the word. It's sinful to keep this musical phenomenon to myself. In case you are one of those unlucky music lovers still in the dark, let me first explain the gist of Pandora.

Pandora.com is a free online service which provides listeners with complete control of what they want to hear. For example, say your in the mood for some acoustic, mellow music perfect for studying. All you have to do is enter either one song, one artist, or one genre into the search box. Within seconds, Pandora will offer you a song that fits your description. You can any music you'd like at any time.

There are 2 factors of Pandora.com that keep me coming back for more. The first is the abillty to deny a song at any time. I seriously hate most radios, including those online because I cannot reject a terrible or overplayed song. Pandora gives me that power. I guess you can call me a musical control freak, but hey, I'm the one listening, I should have that control.

The second main advantage to Pandora is that it introduces me to new bands and songs. Unlike my overplayed 5,000 songs on my computer or my overplayed 500 on my iPOD, Pandora keeps it fresh. I love that! It was created by what they call the Music Genome Project. Read more about their motives.

If you haven't logged on, I highly reccommend giving it a shot. Trust me, once you step inside Pandora's box, you won't want to leave.

No comments: