Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pandora's Potential with Advertising


I'm sure that when I say the word "iPod" you can immediately imagine the images from the ads. All of those happy silhouettes dancing around to the music... How could you forget? When those commercials come on, I can't flip the channel, I find it difficult to deter my eyes from the screen. Have you seen the newest commercial featuring the smallest iPod ever? It's for the shuffle. Let me tell you, these ads entertain me. This is for multiple reasons. Firstly, I am interested in the product. Secondly, I love music and its use in the commercials is uplifting. Thirdly, the execution is distinct and memorable. I am not bombarded with information. I just get the pleasure of seeing someone dance around as if they were alone in their bedroom. BRILLIANT. Music: It's something we can all relate to, it's something most of us love. I've already shared my personal opinion about the necessity of music in college. Pandora has an amazing free service. It profits off of advertisements featured on its site, you'd think they'd consider investing in some advertisements of their own. I can already imagine the potential for such a great product. Come on, Pandora, think about it. With advertising, your service's popularity would skyrocket, your business would flourish, and your fans would enjoy watching your young service grow and develop into a mature branded adult.

No comments: